Cabo Verde Airlines guarantees assistance to blind passengers in order to ensure more comfort to their trip.
At check-in, there are dedicated special assistance desks. If you wish to travel with a guide dog, please check the conditions below:
A guide dog is a dog trained to provide mobility assistance to persons with visual or hearing impairment and as a companion to the passenger. Carriage of Guide Dogs in the cabin is free of charge and subject to certain requirements:
- The dog must be fitted with a collar and secured with a muzzle.
- You must provide the certificate of sanitation and international certificate of rabies vaccination valid and signed by a veterinarian.
How to book?
If you are travelling alone and need assistance, just fill in the “Request for Assistance to be Provided to Passenger with Special Needs” form.
This service must be booked at least 48 hours before departure. Otherwise, we cannot guarantee this service.
If you are in US, please dial 1-866-FLY-TACV (1-866-359-8228).
How is the assistance provided?
- At the airport
When you arrive at the airport go to the check-in counter to begin the trip formalities. The assistance process begins there. From there, your entire journey is accompanied by a assistance professional.
It is imperative that you meet the check-in on time. The time limit is the minimum time the passenger has to comply with the formalities of acceptance on the flight and check his luggage before the scheduled flight departure time. To avoid any inconvenience, you must appear at the check-in desk according to the following:
Time limit to check-in
Flight Regional International Boston Time in advance 02h00 03h00 04h00
- On board
When you board the aircraft, our in-flight crew will provide you with assistance and information about:
- Your seat location in the aircraft (proximity to doors and emergency exits, toilets, etc.);
- Where to find the call buttons and the entertainment system;
- The location of the oxygen mask and how to use it;
- The description of what is on your tray at meal time;
- Help to get to the toilet. However, no assistance whatsoever is provided inside the toilet.
- On arrival
Our staff will meet you at the aircraft on arrival at your transfer airport or final destination and will accompany you through the entire landing process: passport control, luggage claim and customs.
Flights to and from the United States of America
Cabo Verde Airlines complies with US regulations preventing discrimination on the basis of disability on all of its flights to and from the United States.
Consumers can obtain a copy of this Part 382, the regulations regarding nondiscrimination on the basis of disability in air travel, in an accessible format from the Department of Transportation by any of the following means: :
- For calls made from within the United States, by telephone via the Toll-Free Hotline for Air Travelers with Disabilities at 1-800-778-4838 (voice) or 1-800-455-9880 (TTY),
- By telephone to the Aviation Consumer Protection Division at 202-366-2220 (voice) or 202-366-0511 (TTY)
- By mail to the Air Consumer Protection Division, C-75, U.S. Department of Transportation, 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE., West Building, Room W96-432, Washington, DC 20590, and
- On the Aviation Consumer Protection Division’s Web site (http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov)