Cabo Verde Airlines welcomes passengers with their pets – cats and dogs. Depending on the size and weight, animals can travel either in the cabin or in compartments intended for the carriage of cargo baggage. Passengers traveling with animals should check the import and export regulations for animal transportation of the country they are traveling to. Other animals are subject to prior authorization.
Is possible to fill the form for the transport of domestic animals here.
All animals must hold a certificate of sanitation and an International Certificate of Vaccination valid and issued by a veterinarian.
The carriage of an animal cannot be included in the passenger’s free baggage allowance, even if the passenger isn’t carrying checked baggage. The amount payable will be calculated based on the rate for excess baggage, as follows:
|Between Europe and Cabo Verde||Between the US and Cabo Verde|
|Pet in cabin up to 08kg / 17lbs||€150||190$|
|Pet in hold up to 32kg / 70lbs||€200||250$|
|Pet in hold from 32kg / 70lbs to 45kg / 99lbs||€250||310$|
All prices shown are for a one-way flight.
In the cabin
Your pet can accompany you in the cabin if the total weight does not exceed 08kg (including the carriage box/kennel), if the carriage box or kennel does not exceed the dimensions 55x40x20.
The kennel must be made of fiber, in an adequate size to allow the pet to get around comfortably within a radius of 360º, and should have clasps to prevent accidental opening during transport. It should also have a compartment for food and water and the floor lined with materials resistant to leaks and waste absorbent.
These restrictions do not apply when dealing with a guide dog.
In the Cargo Hold
Animals weighing over 08kg will be accepted as checked or cargo baggage and accommodated comfortably in a ventilated area of the hold, subject to certain rules to ensure the well-being of your pet:
- The pet must be accommodated in a kennel made of fiber, in an adequate size to allow the pet to get around comfortably within a radius of 360º, and should have clasps to prevent accidental opening during transport. It should also have a compartment for food and water and the floor lined with materials resistant to leaks and waste absorbent;
- Only one pet is allowed per kennel;
- Some dog breeds are not accepted for carriages, such as Pitbull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Mastiff, American Pit Bull, Staffordshire Bullterrier, Bullterrier, American Bulldog, Argentine DGO, Brazilian Fila, Kangal (Karabash) Kaukasian Owtscharka and Neapolitan Mastino.
You should inform of your intention to travel with your pet when booking your flight.
Cabo Verde Airlines reserves itself the right to refuse carriage of any animal in case of any noncompliance with the above, or if your pet does not appear clean, healthy, and without an unpleasant odor.
A guide dog is a dog trained to provide mobility assistance to persons with visual or hearing impairment and as a companion to the passenger. Carriage of Guide Dogs in the cabin is free of charge and subject to certain requirements:
- The dog must be fitted with a collar and secured with a muzzle;
- You must provide the certificate of sanitation and international certificate of rabies vaccination valid and signed by a veterinarian.
Ancillary services are not refundable after their purchase.
It is important that you inform us of your needs when booking your flight.