CVA rules concerning treatment of schedule changes (Booking changes/ticket reissuance/refunds) in travel agencies bookings.
1. PREREQUISITES AND GENERAL RULES
a) The passenger should have a CVA ticket and a confirmed reservation on a CVA flight (CVA flight number or CVA operated flight). In case of reservation with interline flight involved please report to the General Conditions of Carriage and contact CVA.
b) In case of special circumstances, such as strike, weather, airport closure, etc., additional rules may apply which will be properly provided by CVA.
Travel agencies may process schedule changes on CVA tickets and should comply according to the rules described below. In case of doubt regarding schedule change, cancellation of flight or if you want CVA to handle the case, you should contact CVA directly.
If performing an involuntary ticket reissuance or refund, obey all the following rules as described, otherwise an ADM may be issued.
In case of schedule changes, the system generates new segments, which generate new costs. VR pays the original WK segment and the replacement SC segment and only receives the credit if the WK or WL segment is canceled. So, VR exhorts the agent to work the queue. When working on your queue, you must cancel the WK / WL segments.
- The agent must check the queue daily and take action.
- You must always remove from the PNR the segments whose flight status mentions: HX, UC, US, UN, NO, and up to 48 hours before the departure date. These codes mean that flights no longer exist in the carrier’s reservation system, so if they are not withdrawn, they will generate significant additional GDS costs for VR and various constraints in the PNR and in the connection between the GDS and the company’s systems.
- In case of booking with an interline flight, you must refer to the general conditions of transport.
- Within 24 hours before departure, the processing of irregularities is the sole and exclusive responsibility of VR.
- In the event of a strike, weather conditions, airport closure, etc. supplementary rules may be applied, which will be published and communicated by VR.
- If the passenger has been placed on an alternative flight by VR, the passenger can make a free change of booking to another connecting flight / flight that he considers acceptable. Any additional changes will be subject to the current tariff conditions.
- If you have not been placed on an alternative VR flight, the passenger can choose an alternative connecting flight / flight free of charge once he considers acceptable. Any additional changes will be subject to the current tariff conditions.
Note: The free change must be made within 10 days after the schedule (UN / TK) sent to the PNR. Any change to the reservation made or requested after the 10-day period of the schedule change will be considered a voluntary change, according to the current tariff conditions.
Procedural issues to be considered by the agent, in case the trip is changed:
Case I – Alternative VR
- Changing the booking for a VR flight;
- Change the booking to the booking class of the ticket originally issued;
- If the original booking class is not available, any available booking class can be used.
Case II – If an alternative VR flight is not available
- In this case, the agent must contact the VR Call Center.
These procedures may vary for Group bookings.
2. IRREGULARITY AND SCHEDULE CHANGE PROCEDURES
If the passenger has been placed on an alternative flight by CVA, he can make a free amendment to another flight/connecting flight he considers acceptable (see section 12.2.1 “Alternatives …”) – any additional change will be subject to fare conditions.
If the passenger has not been placed on another flight by CVA, the passenger can choose for free and only once a flight/connecting flight that he considers acceptable (see section 12.2.1 “Alternatives …”) – any additional change will be subject to fare conditions.
Note: The travel agent is required to notify all ticketed and confirmed passengers of any schedule change or flight cancellation immediately after receiving notice. This free booking change must be processed within 10 days after the schedule change (UN/TK sent to the PNR). Any rebooking made or requested after the period of 10 days of the schedule change may be considered a voluntary booking change, according to fare conditions.
Changes of origin and/or destination for regular schedule changes are not allowed. In case of an exceptional situation, example, the closure of the airport, etc., specific rules shall apply and will be divulged by CVA.
- ALTERNATIVES THAT AGENCIES MAY OFFER TO PASSENGERS
- Schedule change or flight cancellation takes place more than one day prior to the scheduled departure time of the first affected flight
- Rebooking for a VR flight (flight number VR, operated by VR)
- Rebook in the same RBD of the original ticket, within the validity of the
- If original booking class is not available, agent must contact CVA in order to get the confirmation in the original RBD or get an authorization to reissue in another RBD within the same
- If necessary, to change the departure date, the new departure date must be within 3 days before or after the original flight date if available.
- If no alternative VR operated flight is available, you can rebook to a VR marketing flight (VR flight number but operated by another airline) following the same rules described above.
- If no VR operated flight nor VR marketing flight is available, or if passenger doesn’t accept the alternatives offered, you must always contact.
- – Schedule change or flight cancellation takes place one day or less prior to the scheduled departure time of the first affected flight
- You must always contact CVA before taking any action over the pnr or the tichet.
3. TICKET REISSUANCE
The agent may change the booking and reissue the ticket according to the rules described above, with prior authorization from the CVA.
It is mandatory to indicate the reason for the reissue on the FE field: example: SCHED CHNG XXX VR/DDMM. If this element is not introduced or if flight/reason is incorrect, an ADM will be automatically created.
In accordance with the General Conditions of Carriage and IATA, total or partial refunds in case of irregularity are only allowed in the following cases:
- Delay of 5 hours or more;
- Cancellation and / or delay in which the alternative given by the airline causes a delayed arrival of more than 5 hours;
- Delay that results in misconnection and/or an overnight stay (you must first contact CVA for authorization).
Excluded from this authorization are cases where UN/TK is due to flight number change only. In these cases, fare rules apply.
In case of a schedule change or cancellation of flight (flight number) of another airline, with CVA ticket, the agent must contact CVA.
You can perform an involuntary refund directly in your GDS without contacting CVA – however, for the below cases it is absolutely necessary to contact CVA for an authorization:
- Cancellation of another airline flight or VR marketing flight;
- Schedule change which originates a misconnection.
The lack of authorization in these cases will lead to an ADM.