With Cabo Verde Airlines pets can travel with maximum safety and comfort, in the cabin (dogs and cats) or in the hold according to weight and dimensions. The reservation for transporting animals can be made in advance. When transporting animals, different fares apply, depending on the route. Animals are not included in the free luggage and are always charged as extra weight. Cabo Verde Airlines limits the maximum of 02 PETC and 04 AVIH per flight.
- Space availability.
- Type of animal.
- Total weight of the animal and container.
- Type of equipment planned to operate.
- Cabin reserved by the passenger.
- Acceptance restrictions on entering the country of destination.
When traveling with pets, the passenger needs to know:
- Before traveling and as soon as possible (up to a maximum of 48 hours before your flight departs), you must contact the competent services so that the documentation can be checked in previously by the veterinary control. If your pet does not comply with the established health rules, its entry into the country may be refused.
- Present the animal’s documents: entry document, exit document, transit, health certification and other documents that represent him.
- A pet can accompany the passenger in the cabin if the total weight does not exceed 08 kg (including the transport box) and the transport box does not exceed the dimensions 55x35x25. The transport box must be made of fiber and be adequate size, in order to allow you to move comfortably within a radius of 360º. It must have locks that prevent accidental opening during transportation, have compartments for water and food and the floor lined with resistant material to leaks and to absorb waste.
- During the entire flight the animal must be kept in its transport box, and under no circumstances should it be removed from the box.
- Animals over 8 kg will be accepted as checked baggage or hold luggage. They will be comfortably accommodated in the ventilated area of the basement, although transport is subdued to certain rules that guarantee their well-being: they must be accommodated in a fiber transport box, of adequate size, which allows them to move around comfortably within a 360º radius. It must have locks that prevent accidental opening during transportation, have compartments for water and food and the floor lined with resistant material to leaks and to absorption waste. Only one animal per transport box is allowed. Some dog breeds are not accepted for transportation, namely Pitbull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Mastiff, American Pitbull, Staffordshire Bullterrier, Bullterrier, American Bulldog, DGO Argentine, Fila Brasileiro, Kangal (Karabash), Kaukasian Owtscharka and Mastino Napolitana.
- Brachycephalic animals, animals that may have breathing problems while being transported in the hold, Cabo Verde Airlines does not carry them in the hold, only in the cabin, when possible, due to size and weight, such as PETC.
- These limitations do not apply when dealing with a guide dog (see details caboverdeairlines.com).
- Service animals (SVAN) and Support Animals (ESAN) are accepted free of charge, the certificate must be presented by the Passenger with reduced mobility (PRM).
- Possibility of transport as cargo for animals that travel without human accompaniment or that travel to countries where transport in the hold is required by law.
- For flights to / from the USA, the age allowed is 16 weeks and over. At the airport it will be checked by the check-in staff that all conditions for transporting your pet in the hold are met, and you are asked to sign a liability waiver (attachment 2).
- Provide the necessary food and water for the trip.
- The request for this service must be made before your flight, otherwise we cannot guarantee its performance.
- Cabo Verde Airlines reserves the right to refuse any shipment of animals if it fails to comply with the conditions described above and, if the animal is not clean, healthy and with an unpleasant odor.
- Please consult iatatravelcentre.com to see the conditions for entering the countries.