Due to security measures in the United States and the European Union, restrictions on carrying some liquids in hand luggage apply to all destinations operated by Cabo Verde Airlines.
Passengers are allowed to carry liquids in their cabin luggage only if in individual containers not exceeding 100 milliliters or equivalent (100g/30 Oz), packed in a sealed transparent plastic bag that can be opened and closed, up to a limit of 1 litre per passenger.
For reference, plastic bags cannot exceed 20cm x 20cm in dimension.
Liquids include, but are not limited to aerosols and gels: water and other beverages, syrup, soup, toothpaste, hair gel, perfume, shaving foams and others of similar consistency, lotions, deodorant.
- Liquid medication needed during the flight for medical purposes, accompanied by medical prescription and subject to proof of authenticity
- Liquids necessary for the entire flight to satisfy special dietary needs, with a medical report
- Baby food needed during the flight
- Liquids purchased in free shops at airports, as long as carried in transparent plastic bags, properly sealed and accompanied by the respective proof of purchase
- Liquids purchased in-flight, as long as carried in transparent plastic bags, properly sealed and accompanied by the respective proof of purchase;
Passengers shall present separately the items covered by these exceptions at the hand luggage checkpoint. For further clarification, please check the Cape Verdean Civil Aviation Agency regulations Regulation nº3/2010 for liquids carrying in hand luggage and Directive D008/700/AAC/10 for screening passengers and baggage before boarding.
When asked to do so, passengers will need to provide proof or prove the authenticity of the liquid exempted, through tasting or skin test.