Luggage transported free of charge by the passenger, adult or child, in the cabin, for which they are fully responsible.
Hand luggage are all items that can be accommodated in the appropriate compartment, under the seat in front of you or in the overhead compartment, with maximum dimensions of 115 cm (55 in height x 35 cm length x 25 wide) and a maximum weight of 8 Kg.
Luggage exceeding these measures will be transported in the aircrafts cargo hold, as checked-in luggage and an extra charge will be applicable, if the total allowance is exceeded.
Hand Baggage allowance only in flights operates by Cabo Verde Airlines
Economy class – 01 piece up to 08 kgs. When flights departure from Brasil 01 piece up to 10 kgs.
Comfort/Business class – are entitled to 02 pieces of 08kg each.
Passengers are allowed to carry, for each baby or infant (up to two years) travelling with them, a portable stroller, bassinet or a baby seat, in addition to the baby food necessary for the flight.
Items carried free of charge
In addition to the hand luggage allowance, some items may be carried free of charge:
- A coat, an overcoat or a blanket
- An umbrella or cane
- A briefcase and / or lady’s handbag
- Books and magazines in reasonable quantity for reading during flight
- A camera or video-recorder and / or binoculars
- A portable crib and baby food for the flight
- A portable wheelchair and / or a pair of crutches and / or orthopedic equipment or prosthesis, if the passenger depends on them.
Items prohibited for as hand luggage
For security reasons, it is prohibited to carry certain items as hand luggage:
- nail clippers
- knives or sharp objects
- Replicas and/or toy weapons
- weapons / ammunition
Note: These items should only be transported in your checked baggage. CVA assumes no responsibility for any article removed for security reasons.
Items recommended to carry in hand luggage
- Electronic equipment: laptop, tablet, phone, electronic calendar, playstation, cd player, and similars;
- Value documents: credit papers, bonds, commercial papers, etc;
- Passports and other identification documents;
- Cash, checks, credit cards, and similars;
- Precious metals;
- Articles of jewelry;
- Fragile or perishable objects;
If your hand luggage has to be transported as checked luggage, we recommend you remove all valuable items and medication.
Cabo Verde Airlines is not liable for any loss or damage to the above mentioned items, or similar one, if transported in your checked-in luggage.
Extra Hand Luggage
At the boarding gate, if the passenger has more than one hand baggage or its weight is more than the stipulated (08 Kg) that must be collected and tagged with EXTRA LUGGAGE tags to be collected charge and delivered to the passenger at the destination.
For extra HAND LUGGAGE, the following rates are applicable:
All destinations: 20 euros per Kg
Usa and Brazil v.v.: 50 usd per Kg
Liability limit of items carried in hand luggage
When hand luggage have to be carried as checked baggage, it is recommended to be removed all valuables and medications recommended to carry in hand baggage (see Items recommended to carry in hand luggage above).
Cabo Verde Airlines is not responsible for loss or damage of similar objects carried in checked luggage.