Why did Cabo Verde Airlines suspended all flights?
The Cabo Verde Government decided, as of 18th March, to ban all air connections with Portugal and all European countries with Covid-19 cases, as well as with the United States of America, Brazil, Senegal, and Nigeria.
Consequently, since this decision impacts all Cabo Verde Airlines routes, the airline suspended all flights from 18 March 2020 through 30 June 2020.
Is my flight canceled?
If you had a trip planned through 30 June, on any of the routes Cabo Verde Airlines operates, your flight is cancelled.
Flight resumption will begin on 1 July 2020. The global pandemic is affecting us all, we hope you and your loved ones remain safe during these challenging times.
How can I rebook my flight?
If your flight is canceled due to COVID-19, Cabo Verde Airlines will allow changing the travel date with no change fee and without paying the fare differences once, within the validity period of the ticket and seat availability. You will also not pay any fare difference for a last-minute flight on the same route as originally booked. We are all in this together, and you can rebook your travel through 30 June 2021.
To rebook your flight please contact our Customer Service Team at: email@example.com
How can I refund my ticket?
Cabo Verde Airlines will provide an electronic voucher with the following conditions:
- Valid for two years starting from the date of issue.
- Valid for use on all Cabo Verde Airlines Travel and Services.
- Can be used by other travelers.
- Can only be used on Cabo Verde Airlines ﬂights.
- If used partially, the remaining value can be used for future purchases.
- If the voucher is not used for the one-year after issue, you can request a full refund of the amount, no value will be lost.
Please contact our Customer Service Team before 30 September 2020 at: firstname.lastname@example.org
My purchased was through a travel agency. Who do I contact?
If you purchase your ticket through a travel agency please contact your travel agency.
Cabo Verde Airlines and Covid-19
Cabo Verde Airlines is continually monitoring the outbreak of the Coronavirus Covid-19 and is following the recommendations issued by the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the International Air Transport Association (IATA), as well as all applicable National Health Authorities.
Is it safe to fly with Cabo Verde Airlines?
- All our aircraft are equipped with prevention kits that include masks and disinfectant gel.
- Our crew are qualified to take all necessary measures if a symptomatic case is detected on board.
- We continually monitor the situation globally and implement all the necessary measures for the protection of our passengers, in conjunction with the airport and health authorities.
What if I am a citizen of another country?
Most governments of most nations are limiting or halting travel except for the repatriation of their citizens. If you are a citizen of another country, we highly recommend you reach out to your local Embassy or Consulate in Cabo Verde to be added to the lists of those needing to be repatriated.
Information about coronavirus (COVID-19)
We have compiled useful links for you about the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and the hygiene measures and other measures taken by various countries regarding travel.
- World Health Organization (WHO): https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- IATA: https://www.iata.org/en/programs/safety/health/diseases/government-measures-related-to-coronavirus/
- Centre for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html