Why did Cabo Verde Airlines suspended all flights?
The Cabo Verde Government decided, as of 18th March, to ban all air connections with Portugal and all European countries with Covid-19 cases, as well as with the United States of America, Brazil, Senegal, and Nigeria.
Consequently, since this decision impacts all Cabo Verde Airlines routes, the airline will suspend all its flights from 18 March 2020 for a period of at least 30 days.
Is my flight canceled?
If you had a trip planned between 18 March 2020 and 18 April 2020, for any of the routes Cabo Verde Airlines operates, your flight is canceled.
If you’re flight is after 18 April 2020, please know that:
- All flights to/from Lagos and Washington are suspended until the 31st of May.
- All flights to/from Porto Alegre are suspended for an undefined period.
- All flights to/from Italy are suspended until the 30th of June
Flight resumption will depend on containment of the virus and government restrictions. We will update all our passengers as soon as we know more. The global pandemic is affecting all the world, we hope you and your loved ones remain safe during these challenging times.
How can I rebook my flight?
Cabo Verde Airlines will allow you to change the date with no change fee and without paying the fare differences to travel before March 31st, 2021.
Passengers who want to rebook your flight please contact our Customer Service through email firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I refund my ticket?
You can request a full refund in the form of an electronic voucher. We will provide you with an electronic voucher that will be valid for 1 year starting from the date of the issue.
This voucher is non-transferable and can be used on Cabo Verde Airlines flights only.
Please contact our Customer Service before 31 of May 2020 through email: email@example.com
Cabo Verde Airlines and Covid-19
Cabo Verde Airlines is continually monitoring the outbreak of the Coronavirus Covid-19 and is following the recommendations issued by the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the International Air Transport Association (IATA), as well as all applicable National Health Authorities.
Is it safe to fly with Cabo Verde Airlines?
- All our aircraft are equipped with prevention kits that include masks and disinfectant gel.
- Our crew is qualified to take all necessary measures if a symptomatic case is detected on board.
- We continually monitoring the situation worldwide and implement all the necessary measures for the protection of our passengers, in conjunction with the airport and health authorities.
What if I am a citizen of another country?
Most governments of most nations are limiting or halting travel except for the repatriation of their citizens. If you are a citizen of another country, we highly recommend you reach out to your local Embassy or Consulate in Cabo Verde to be added to the lists of those needing to be repatriated.
Information about coronavirus (COVID-19)
We have compiled useful links for you about the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and the hygiene measures and other measures taken by various countries regarding travel.
- World Health Organization (WHO): https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- IATA: https://www.iata.org/en/programs/safety/health/diseases/government-measures-related-to-coronavirus/
- Centre for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
Quick Procedure Guide