Why did Cabo Verde Airlines suspended all flights?
Despite the opening of Cabo Verde border, unfortunately, most of our major markets and traditionally served segments and groups of passengers still remain inaccessible, as most of those passengers are refraining from booking flights to Cape Verde due to high infection rates, both worldwide and locally. Cabo Verde Airlines is making every effort to ensure that we can return to efficient and reliable operations with a difference, as soon as the commercial environment and the pandemic situation have abated.
Is my flight cancelled?
Currently, all flights up till and including March 12 are canceled due to COVID-19.
If your flight is cancelled due to COVID-19, Cabo Verde Airlines will allow changing the travel date with no change fee, within the validity period of the ticket and seat availability. You can rebook your travel through 31 December 2021.
You can also get a travel credit voucher. You can request your evoucher by emailing us to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If the Travel Credit voucher does not suit your travel plans, you can request a refund.
How can I rebook my flight?
If you have a booking on one of our flights in the coming months, we want to let you know that postponing your trip is simple. We want to offer you a travel credit which will cover 100% of the ticket cost for unflown flights, including airport taxes, fuel surcharges and any additional services you purchased with us.
To receive your voucher please contact us at email@example.com
Conditions Electronic Voucher:
- Valid for bookings between 23 August and 30 April 2021.
- The voucher is issued with the same value as the original ticket.
- Vouchers can be used for a future booking on Cabo Verde Airlines.
- Your new trip booked with your voucher must be fully completed within the validity of the voucher (departure and return) which is two years from the date of issue.
- If the price of the rebooked ticket is higher than the value of your voucher, you must pay the fare difference.
- You can request a voucher up to 15 days before the scheduled flight departure.
- Voucher is not transferable.
- Voucher is nonrefundable.
- To use your travel voucher for a new flight please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the voucher is issued through a travel agent or third-party please contact the issuing office of your voucher directly.
How can I refund my ticket?
For flight cancellations due to COVID19 between March 18 2020 and April 30, 2021 Cabo Verde Airlines will provide an electronic voucher with the following conditions:
- Valid for two years starting from the date of issue.
- Valid for use on all Cabo Verde Airlines Travel and Services.
- Can be used by other travelers.
- Can only be used on Cabo Verde Airlines ﬂights.
- If used partially, the remaining value can be used for future purchases.
- If the voucher is not used for the one-year after issue, you can request a full refund of the amount, no value will be lost.
Please contact our Customer Service Team at: email@example.com
My purchased was through a travel agency. Who do I contact?
If you purchased your ticket through a travel agency and your trip was canceled due to COVID19 between 18 March 2020 to 30 April 2021, Cabo Verde Airlines will provide you with an electronic voucher with the following conditions:
Valid for two years from the date of issue.
Valid for use on all Cabo Verde Airlines travel and services.
Can be used by other travelers.
It can only be used on Cabo Verde Airlines flights.
If used partially, the remaining amount can be used for future purchases.
If the voucher issued is not used after one year, after the date of issue, you can request a full refund of the amount.
Contact our customer support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cabo Verde Airlines and Covid-19
Cabo Verde Airlines is continually monitoring the outbreak of the Coronavirus Covid-19 and is following the recommendations issued by the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the International Air Transport Association (IATA), as well as all applicable National Health Authorities.
Is it safe to fly with Cabo Verde Airlines?
- All our aircraft are equipped with prevention kits that include masks and disinfectant gel.
- Our crew are qualified to take all necessary measures if a symptomatic case is detected on board.
- We continually monitor the situation globally and implement all the necessary measures for the protection of our passengers, in conjunction with the airport and health authorities.
What if I am a citizen of another country?
Most governments of most nations are limiting or halting travel except for the repatriation of their citizens. If you are a citizen of another country, we highly recommend you reach out to your local Embassy or Consulate in Cabo Verde to be added to the lists of those needing to be repatriated.
Information about coronavirus (COVID-19)
We have compiled useful links for you about the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and the hygiene measures and other measures taken by various countries regarding travel.
- World Health Organization (WHO): https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- IATA: https://www.iata.org/en/programs/safety/health/diseases/government-measures-related-to-coronavirus/
- Centre for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html