YOUR SAFETY FIRST, ALWAYS!
Since the emergence of the COVID-19 outbreak, it has become clear to the entire team that
nothing is more critical than the health and safety of our workers and all of our Clients. That is
why it is important to update and share all the work done and the measures that we have been
implementing, in line with the guidelines of EASA and IATA to ensure your health and safety
when traveling with us. To ensure you can fly with confidence, we are introducing an
industry-leading program committed to end-to-end health and safety protocols.
BEFORE YOU TRAVEL
Traveling safely and with confidence is the commitment of all of us. We are doing our part; however, it is important that you also do yours,maintaining the basic and essential rules of personal protection in times of coronavirus. In addition, we leave here very useful information to keep in mind:
- Check-in online on our website or app. Download your boarding pass and charge your smartphone battery.
- Check that you have enough social masks or disposable masks to use, throughout the journey (from entering the airport of origin, until reaching your final destination), for you and those with whom you are travelling.
- The use of a face mask is an essential personal protection measure.
- If you feel sick, don’t travel. If you have a cough, headache or difficulty breathing, seek medical advice, avoid contact with other people and do not travel.
RECOMMENDATIONS DURING YOUR TRIP:
- When arriving at the airport, follow the signs and instructions rigorously.
- Wear a face mask for the duration of your trip.
- If you need to dispose of masks and tissues, do so only in the places indicated.
- Respect respiratory etiquette cover your face with your elbow when sneezing or coughing or use a disposable tissue.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use a disinfectant wipe or solution.
AT THE AIRPORT
In all airport infrastructures, measures were put in place to safeguard the health and safety of all workers and Clients. These measures aim to minimize contacts and interactions, and to ensure rigorous cleaning and permanent disinfection. Count on additional protection measures and new procedures at the following areas: check-in, delivery and collection of baggage, security control processes, pre-boarding, boarding and disembarking.
- The airport is cleaned regularly.
- Kiosks, check-in counters, doorknobs, handrails and other touchpoints are sanitized multiple times a day.
- For your and our safety, hand sanitizers are available at the kiosks and check-in counters.
- We ask you to regularly wash and/or sanitize your hands.
- Your checked baggage will be handled following our strict safety protocols.
- Use our app to check in and get your boarding pass; it ensures a touchless journey through the terminal building and into the aircraft.
- Limit contact with people not in your travel group.
- Consider checking in all your luggage and skip taking carry-on with you to minimize contact with others on board.
- We will try to keep the middle seats empty for our flights. If passengers traveling together would like to sit next to one another, side-by-side seats may be requested at the check-in counter.
Boarding is being done in small groups of passengers, from the back of the cabin to the front and from window to aisle seats, preserving the distance, minimizing circulation and contact between passengers during their accommodation in the cabin. Deplaning will be done in the opposite direction, using the same logic and objective.
- For your safety, we’re asking all customers to wear protective face coverings.
- All of our gate counters are cleaned regularly for your convenience.
- All of our employees wear face coverings, with other optional PPE items available such as gloves.
- As a precaution, you may be asked a few health-related questions before boarding.
- You will be asked to observe the 2-meter / 6-foot rule during boarding.
- We ask you to allow plenty of time to board and toexpect lines.
- Once on board the plane, you are asked to take your seat immediately.
Even knowing that the environment on board is the most sterile and safe from the point of view of contamination of infectious diseases, given the air quality and the cabin configuration, we have adjusted our routines and implemented new and reinforced procedures.
Reinforced cleaning and disinfection
1. All seat belt buckles, and seat controls are sanitized inside and out.
2. We properly wipe and sanitize each armrest for your health and comfort.
3. We’re sanitizing cabin windows and shades to help you enjoy the view.
4. Light switches and air circulation controls are properly sanitized to keep your clients safe.
5. Our crew sanitizes all ceiling areas when an aircraft overnight.
6. Strict compliance with the hygiene and routine cleaning protocols of our aircrafts, before each departure, as well as workspaces.
Cabin air quality
1. Our aircrafts are equipped with a vertical air recycling system that completely renews the cabin air with high frequency, every 2 to 3 minutes, twenty times in an hour.
2. This vertical system works by sections of 5 rows of seats, which guarantees fresh air in all areas of the aircraft, at the same time and with the same quality.
3. We use HEPA filters (High Efficiency Particulate Air) identical to those used in operating rooms. These filters can extract up to 99.999% of even the smallest viruses, including viruses as small as 0.01 micrometer. The viruses of the coronavirus family have a size between 0.08 and 0.16 micrometer; therefore they are promptly filtered through HEPA filters, in sections and every 2 to 3 minutes.
Crew trained and equipped
1. For your safety and that of everyone, our crews use individual protective equipment throughout the flight in addition to having disinfection and cleaning equipment and products at their disposal.
2. The use of a face mask is essential in the protection against COVID-19. We use it, on land and on board; also use it throughout your journey, namely on board. Take care of yourself and take care of everyone!
3. Our crews are permanently trained in the procedures for the identification, approach and treatment of suspect cases of infectious disease on board, including the COVID-19, and have the necessary equipment and consumables for all flights.
4. These procedures strictly follow international best practices, defined by the International Air Transportation Association (IATA and the World Health Organization (WHO).
Simplified service on board
1. We adjusted our service on board with the aim of reducing movement and contact within the cabin to what is essential to maintain your comfort and safety.
2. Meal and beverage service will be limited, suspended or adapted in accordance to the length of your trip. Our meals and products, which come to you in compliance with the most demanding health and hygiene requirements and certifications.