The transport of your musical instrument is subject to prior authorization from Cabo Verde Airlines. It can be carried in the cabin or in the hold, depending on its weight, dimensions, nature and type of aircraft.
Check the conditions of carriage in the cabin and in the hold.
In the Cabin
To travel with the musical instrument at your side, in the aircraft cabin, you must book an extra seat that will accommodate the instrument.
The maximum weight allowed for transport in the cabin is 30 kg / 66.13 lbs. The maximum dimensions allowed are: 155x42x25 from the floor in the cabin or 110x42x50 on top of the seat.
To book the transport of your musical instruments in the cabin, you must contact our Call Center, at least 72 hours before the Flight.
Under certain circumstances, in case of large musical instruments, it may be necessary to book more than one extra seat. For security reasons, this decision will be taken by Cabo Verde Airlines.
In the Hold
Check our recommendations to transport your musical instrument in the Hold
- The passenger must properly pack the musical instrument for the trip;
- The musical instruments can be included in the free baggage allowance as long as they are within the permitted weight and size limits;
- The music instrument, already packed, must not exceed 45 kg / 99 lbs;
- The maximum dimensions are 190 cm x 75 cm x 65 cm /75 in x 30 in x 26 in;
- If your musical instrument exceeds the dimensions and / or the weight mentioned above, it must be transported as cargo;
- The passenger must inform the weight and measurements of the musical instrument when booking or at least until 24 hours before the flight, at a Cabo Verde Airlines available counter, at the travel agency or through the Call Center.
- Up to 45 kg / 99 lbs
- 150 EUR / 185 USD /16600 CVE
Ancillary services are not refundable after purchase.