Luggage transported free of charge by the passenger, adult or child, in the cabin, for which they are fully responsible.
Hand luggage is all items that can be accommodated in the appropriate compartment, under the seat in front of you, or in the overhead compartment, with maximum dimensions of 115 cm (55 in height x 40 cm length x 20 wide) and a maximum weight of 10 Kg.
Luggage exceeding these measures will be transported in the aircrafts cargo hold, as checked-in luggage and an extra charge will be applicable if the total allowance is exceeded.
Based on the fare type passengers are allowed to carry 1 or 2 handbags:
Economy Light, Economy Plus, Economy Flex – 1 bag up to 10 kg.
Morabeza Light, Morabeza Flex – 2 bags up to 10 kg each.
Passengers are allowed to carry, for each baby or infant (up to two years) traveling with them, a portable stroller, bassinet, or a baby seat, in addition to the baby food necessary for the flight.
Items carried free of charge
In addition to the hand luggage allowance, some items may be carried free of charge:
- A coat, an overcoat, or a blanket
- An umbrella or cane
- A briefcase and / or lady’s handbag
- Books and magazines in reasonable quantity for reading during the flight
- A camera or video recorder and / or binoculars
- A portable crib and baby food for the flight
- A portable wheelchair and / or a pair of crutches and / or orthopedic equipment or prosthesis, if the passenger depends on them.
Items prohibited for as hand luggage
For security reasons, it is prohibited to carry certain items as hand luggage:
- nail clippers
- knives or sharp objects
- Replicas and/or toy weapons
- weapons / ammunition
Note: These items should only be transported in your checked baggage. CVA assumes no responsibility for any article removed for security reasons.
Items that are recommended to be carried in hand luggage
- Electronic equipment: laptop, tablet, phone, electronic calendar, PlayStation, cd player, and similars;
- Value documents: credit papers, bonds, commercial papers, etc;
- Passports and other identification documents;
- Cash, checks, credit cards, and similar;
- Precious metals;
- Articles of jewelry;
- Fragile or perishable objects;
If your hand luggage has to be transported as checked luggage, we recommend you remove all valuable items and medication.
Cabo Verde Airlines is not liable for any loss or damage to the above-mentioned items, or a similar one if transported in your checked-in luggage.
Extra Hand Luggage
At the boarding gate, if the passenger has more than one hand baggage or its weight is more than the stipulated (10 Kg) that must be collected and tagged with EXTRA LUGGAGE tags to be collected charge and delivered to the passenger at the destination.
For extra HAND LUGGAGE, the following rates are applicable:
All destinations: 20 euros per Kg
USA: 50 usd per Kg
Liability limit of items carried in hand luggage
When hand luggage has to be carried as checked baggage, it is recommended to be removed all valuables and medications recommended to carry in hand baggage (see Items recommended to carry in hand luggage above).
Cabo Verde Airlines is not responsible for the loss or damage of similar objects carried in checked luggage.